Free Website By Google
Google has a way of supporting small and medium scale businesses to achieve strong online presence to attain stability. That is where ‘Google my Business’ comes in. It is also known as GMB, business site etcetra.
You can get a google website 100% using your phone and even getting results that someone with a big laptop isn’t getting. So let’s dive into the steps.
Details are in the video above but here are highlights.
- Step 1: Log into the Google Account you want associated with your business (or create a Google Account if you don’t already have one).
- Step 2: Go to google.com/business or type business.site or download Google my Business from app store and select “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
- Step 3: Enter your business name.
Sign in to Your Google Account
Give Details of Your Business
- Step 4: Enter your business address.
- Step 5: If you go to your customers’ locations, rather than having them come to you, check the box “I deliver goods and services to my customers.” And if you work out of your house or another address you don’t want publicly shown, Check “Hide my address (it’s not a store) Only show region.” Finally, select your Delivery area.
- Step 6: Choose your business category. Try to choose the most accurate category possible — you’re essentially telling Google which type of customers should see your business listing.
- Step 7: Add your business phone number or website.
- Step 8: Choose a verification option. If you’re not ready to verify your business yet, click “Try a different method” → “Later.
How to Optimize Your Site
Once you’ve verified your business, it’s time to finish fleshing out your profile.
Go to the Google My Business dashboard, click the listing you’d like to work on, select “Info,” and then choose a section to fill out or update.
Add as much information and media as you can, including a business profile photo, the area you serve, your hours, attributes (e.g. “wheelchair accessible,” “free wifi”), the day and year you opened, and a public phone number and website URL.
Anyone can “suggest an edit” to your listing, so it’s important to A) get everything right the first time (so you don’t encourage random people to make their own changes) and B) periodically log into your GMB dashboard and make sure all the details look right.